WHAT DO WE DO?
Capoeira for All uses the practice, values and ethos of Capoeira for positive social change.
We are an innovative and enterprising organisation and pride ourselves on the high quality and positive impact of our work.
We offer a number of programmes and workshops and use a variety of approaches that inspire, engage and excite, offering tried and tested programmes or working with you to create bespoke projects according to your needs.
We work with:
- Educational organisations such as schools, colleges and universities, including alternative educational provision, museums and more.
- Youth services such as youth provision, youth centres and summer camps,
- Housing Associations and Councils providing community-family based services,
- Physical and mental well-being organisations such as the NHS, community groups and other Social Enterprises.
- Corporate and business services providing shows and demonstrations, as well as Well-Being at Work workshops.
‘[Capoeira] functions as an affirmation of mutual respect between communities, groups and individuals and promotes social integration’ – UNESCO
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CAPOEIRA?
Capoeira is particularly effective at having an impact across a number of areas:
- Increases confidence and self-esteem
- Develops communication and observation skills
- Increases physical and mental wellbeing
- Improves creativity and personal development
- Encourages team-working and peer learning
Through exploring the movement, music, history and culture of Brazil through the medium of Capoeira, participants of our programmes will develop a range of personal skills, knowledge and understanding.
This can be applied to a number of areas, such as employability and enterprising skills, or to subjects such as children’s and human rights or in fostering an understanding of the artistic and creative process.